- 2 freshly baked bagels
- 2 smoked trout fillets
- 4 tbsp (about 2 oz) cream cheese
- 1 large slice of roasted pepper (homemade or from a jar)
- Small romaine lettuce
Makes two generously filled bagels
1. Cut the freshly baked bagels in half and spread both halves with a generous layer of cream cheese, followed by a few leaves of crispy romaine lettuce.
2. Carefully divide the trout fillets into chunks using two forks (around 1 trout fillet per bagel).
3. Cut the roasted peppers into small strips and add these to the bagels. To enjoy the flavor of the trout at its best, serve at room temperature.
Tip: you can use the same ingredients to make a delicious trout spread. Remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before making the spread. Slice the trout fillet and roasted paprika, and mix with the cream cheese. This is much easier when the cream cheese is at room temperature. Delicious with crispy vegetables or as a spread on a piece of toast.