- 6 slices of sockeye salmon
- 24 small asparagus tips
- 12 small crackers of your choice
- 4-5 tbsp cream cheese
- Lemon (zest and juice)
- Optional: pepper
Makes 12 crackers with smoked sockeye salmon and asparagus
1. Wash the asparagus tips (you do not have to peel them) and remove the woody section of the stems. Place them in a pan of boiling water and boil them for no longer than 3 minutes. Then plunge them into ice-cold water. This is called blanching and helps to keep the asparagus crisp and retain its beautiful green color.
2. Mix the cream cheese with the lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread a teaspoon of the mixture onto each cracker and put them on a large plate.
3. Wrap one slice of sockeye smoked salmon around two asparagus tips and place them on the cracker with the edge of the salmon facing down. Grate some lemon zest over the top and serve.